RGV JAYCEES 2016 CHRISTMAS PARADE
“Joys of Christmas”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
ENTRY DEADLINE IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2016 AT 6:00PM
Parade will be on Friday December 2, 2016 at 7:00p.m.
(Parade will begin along Jackson & 4th Street and end on Jackson & “E”.)
Check–in starts at 5:00p.m. on Jackson and 6th St.
1. Floats and entries will be judged by the Christmas theme: “Joys of Christmas”
2. Entries must not exceed 15 feet in height from ground to highest point.
3. Positioning and placement of the parade entries is reserved by RGV Jaycees.
4. Entries must be at their designated positions by 5:30 p.m. on the day of the parade.
5. Late arrivals will be placed at the end of the parade.
6. Entries will be officially entered upon at www.rgvjaycees.com and a $100.00 entry fee paid online. SORRY NO REFUNDS.
7. Vendors register online with a $80.00 fee (please collect necessary permits)
8. In the interest of time and other entries, a 1 minute (60 seconds) stop in front of the Judges stand for judging.
10. Entries must exit F Street and through Van Buren.
11. Show cars will be limited to 6 cars per entry.
12. Motorcycle Clubs will be limited to 6 per entry.
13. Show Horses will be limited to 10 horses per entry. All Horses must have their own clean up crew.
14. During the parade, please stay within 50 feet of the preceding entry.
15. The parade will proceed "RAIN or SHINE".
16. Entrants are judged on Originality, Adherence to Theme and Appearance.
17. No Santa Clause actors permitted, the Jaycee’s will provide a Santa Clause to close the end of the parade.
18. All decisions of the RGV Jaycees appointed judging panel are final. Violation of any rules or regulations may result in an entry being removed from the parade.
19. ALL PARADE ENTRIES REGISTERED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL PAY A FEE OF $120.00
20. The RGV Jaycee Parade is an "AT YOUR OWN RISK EVENT".
21. *Please maintain family sensitivity when displaying your entry.*
22. All participants must enter through 7th St. to prevent congestion at line-up. Registration Check- in will begin at 5:00pm on the day of the parade, Friday, December 2, 2016 on 6th St. to collect entry number. ENTRY LEADER accepts full responsibility for their entry.
1st Place- $300.00 & Trophy
2nd Place-$100.00 &Trophy
3rd Place- Trophy
**Winners will be notified on Saturday December 3, 2016.
Thank you for helping make this RGV Jaycee’s Junior Chamber of Commerce event a success.